Unable to load image

Should we have a “Fight”, and or “Brain damage” category?

What are your opinions on the implementation of a Fight/Brain Dead category? I think it would be a good addition. I know a few people are going to shoot back, “BUT ITS NOT PEOPLE DYING”. My rebuttal to that is that we already have a self harm category. Of which implies no one is dying, as if they die then it’s not self harm but instead a suicide. Which is an entirely different category.

Jump in the discussion.

No email address required.

I like brain damage idea.

Jump in the discussion.

There is a brain damage category, it's called "self-harm"

Jump in the discussion.

Attention seeking brings you places..

Jump in the discussion.

Brain damage

Jump in the discussion.

I think brain damage is a bad idea, it’s far too difficult to ascertain what constitutes brain damage simply from watching a video. My concern is it will dilute videos that would’ve otherwise shown up in the existing flair.

Jump in the discussion.

Why not. If it only adds to the search options.

I think we should have rated backstories as a lable or category. After a good short read like a half or one page or a news article the clip is way more interesting.

Also for Karma a lable or category in case of human vs human or victim revenge. That way one can indulge in a little justified violence.

Jump in the discussion.

I think we should have rated backstories as a lable or category.

This is a great idea, but I'm not sure if it warrants another entire category- perhaps a better way to implement this, would be to tag any submission with a "Story Included" button, that puts a little newspaper icon next to the submission title or something along those lines. This way, when scrolling, you'd be able to easily pick out which videos have info on them and which do not, in any given category.

Jump in the discussion.

It;s just one of my personal favorites.

Jump in the discussion.

Why not. If it only adds to the search options.

Searching is only so limited because of people not making proper titles and not using tags. This problem and many more could be solved if it was just a common practice.

I think we should have rated backstories as a lable or category.

Another thing you can just put in the title. Or should, if that's the case. Backstory, background, news, news info, whatever, just intuitive and easy to search for.

That way one can indulge in a little justified violence.

Questionable and very easy to manipulate. There is already such content allowed, why make separate category? So certain users feel better about themselves when enjoying the video, because it was 'legit' reason? This flair should be called 'users lying to themselves', if so.

Jump in the discussion.

I am interested in the cause of conflict.

My emotions don't want innocent people getting hurt. That hurts me also.

Also if I see agression towards innocent I feel agression too. And to see that backfire gratifies me slightly.

That it is manipulatable can be said from most categories.

Jump in the discussion.

My emotions don't want innocent people getting hurt. That hurts me also.

This would require the flair to only post 100% legit videos with backstories being described in the news. Perfectly, also having some translation from someone knowing the language.

That it is manipulatable can be said from most categories.

Not in the same style. It's far easier to manipulate and make up the 'justified violence' story as this is about what you don't see. You can stage the sitations going under the other flairs, but apart from a few exceptions (e.g. medical content, or various war crimes / violations), it's hard to change your perception of what you see from one side to another. From the posting perspective, some more elaborate backstories may be just frustrating - not even 'street justice', I'm annoyed on regular when posting.

Jump in the discussion.

No, unless it's be a second flair of some sort, more for the categorizing / sorting purposes than being a separate one. This would solve many other problems without multiplying the 'basic' set of flairs.

Jump in the discussion.

Brain demage

Jump in the discussion.

We've tried to add /h/fight or/h/bumfights for months, Just gotta see what happens

Jump in the discussion.

Why not both?

Jump in the discussion.

No, as uploader it would be very here to distinguish brain damage. Fights are on Twitter too.

Jump in the discussion.

Brian demeuge

Jump in the discussion.

I'd think most fights would go under the 'Beating' category...as for brain damage, that could be a flair but ffs it would be a common one. Most of the videos with any sort of blunt force trauma already contain what I assume to be some sort of brain damage if not death. Personally I think the categories already cover these both pretty well.

What might be more helpful is a 'No Death' flair or warning or w/e. Then if you had a fight where no one is technically dead you could still have it in the 'beating' category with a 'no death' warning.

Then again the rules do say posts must include people dying so, I dunno, maybe another category entirely is warranted to not muddle the ones that do include people dying.

Jump in the discussion.

I think it's a bad idea to keep adding categories, as videos already are sorted and adding categories mean it would have to be resorted, but nobody is going to do that, so it will only e partially applied, just making it more chaotic. I think best would be to implement a new system on top that is backwards compatable, but allows to add one video to several categories, so also old videos could get a new tag, which could have rank system so all users can tag all videos. And then everybody could decide if they want to search by category or tags. The code is open source, but I have no idea if anybody would be willing to implement such a huge change to the code base and if admins would like the idea. But it would be the cleanest solution.

DAMNED IS MAN FOR FAILING TO FOLLOW MY RULE MY WORD MY LAW DAMNED TO AN ETERNITY OF TORTURE AND SUFFERING THE WAILING AND THE GNASHING OF TEETH I HAVE CREATED HELL and now I can no longer unmake it

Jump in the discussion.

The whole flair thing needs a rework.

Jump in the discussion.

Brain damage is only going to fill up with selfies.

Jump in the discussion.

Gonna turn into worldstar right quick

Jump in the discussion.

Worldstar stopped showing fight videos years ago.

Jump in the discussion.

Pre pussy worldstar then

Jump in the discussion.

I'm down with not only more flairs, but sub-flairs as well.

But I'm not really an IT guy, maybe that would be a bitch and a half?

Jump in the discussion.

I think a "Fight" category could be a thing, as long as it separated War, Shootings, etc., and kept it to 1 on 1 combat that doesn't result in death. Street fights. As for "Brain Damage" I think the Accident category covers that within its realm.

Jump in the discussion.

I agree with this, a "fight" category would have to be distinguishable from "beatings" and "combat". I don't think that a fight where someone gets seriously injured, but doesn't die, should be posted to "Social", it makes no sense.

A "Fight" category should be for small-scale fights, like one on one with maybe a little interference (like someone trying to break it up). There should be some degree of competitiveness to the fight, and both combatants end the video alive, and mostly unmaimed- else it would fall into the "Beating" category. Knockouts and such could go into the "Fight" category. "Beating" should be exclusively for videos where people are beaten with bare hands/blunt objects so badly, they are either maimed or dead at the end of it all.

Does this make sense to you guys? Suggestions to tweak my idea? I hate the idea of fights ending up on Social because we probably miss a lot of interesting street fights that way, it'd be nice to have them all in one place.

Jump in the discussion.

My point exactly, well said. Just strictly old-school fistfights that are a display of strength instead of someone trying to beat someone to death.

Jump in the discussion.

Unrelated, but I read that as "Brian damage" like 5 times and was like "so just a flair with people beating up guys named Brian?" and was so fucking confused 😭

Jump in the discussion.

fights

Jump in the discussion.

YEASSSSSHHHH

Jump in the discussion.

I don't really get what "brain damage" would be. As for fights, I'm down for that.

Jump in the discussion.

like say for instance idk if you’ve seen it, that one girl who gets bonked on the head in some forest with a log, we don’t actually see her death just the brain damage the log causes, my guess is the videos in this category would display different reactions the body has to head trauma rather than instantaneous death yk?

Jump in the discussion.

just called it the world star hiphop category

Jump in the discussion.

I like the brain damage idea. For the videos beyond a brutal KO. Like the gang stompings or the beatings that end in seizures. But instead of brain damage, can we call it "Super Necessary" 😂

Jump in the discussion.

Brain dead baby

Jump in the discussion.

That's a good idea

Jump in the discussion.

I always wanted countries as a category. That way we can shift from high quality videos from Europe and the states. That way I can avoid the 240p video in India where you can’t see anything.

Jump in the discussion.

No one likes the self harm section though

Jump in the discussion.

:#marseyemojigrineyes:

Jump in the discussion.

Link copied to clipboard
Action successful!
Error, please refresh the page and try again.