Unable to load image

Time Restriction on h/Social

Hello guys! It's just my opinion.

Lately We all have witnessed significant numbers of users voice concern regarding the use of /h/social to post material inherently irrevenlant to a "Watch people die" Type of site ( Like some flowers, just an example, not targetting anyone), and the so called "Pussification of WPD".

Well, I propose that the Posts under /h/social should be removed from servers after, say a month.

Because, everyone is going to rewatch funkytown, but rarely anyone is going to watch some pic of cat they admire. Such Pics are forgotten as soon as User closes the post. It would help Regulators of this site reduce burden.

I personally have seen quiet downvoted and old posts which someone will rarely open, and thus deserve to be deleted quicker.

Kindly surf through old posts of /h/social and then express your opinion.

(Sorry for posting a discussion, and not gore, cause I seriously don't have the guts to record it)

Jump in the discussion.

No email address required.

"Pussification of WPD"

Mate this site is literally about cats and people dying.

Jump in the discussion.

I know, you better read this post by some user:

https://watchpeopledie.tv/h/discussion/post/38772/pussyfication-of-wpd

Jump in the discussion.

Im gonna be honest, who in the fuck cares so much about people posting cats and shit that they'd want a time limit on posts?

Social is meant for people to talk and be people, post memes and shit, if you don't like it, block it!

If we aren't gonna get rid of /h/selfharm you can bet your ass we aren't gonna delete old social posts cuz "some users dislike it" like come on bruh.

Jump in the discussion.

I just put forward an argument, not a complain. Don't tell me to block /h/social

Jump in the discussion.

I would counter your argument with saying that a pic of someone's cat has far less impact on the site's bandwidth than a 90 second beheading video, and that the space they take up is probably miniscule in comparison.

I wish more people took advantage of being able to sort what flairs appear in home. A lot of the problems people have with the social tag wouldn't exist if peoole just blocked it (same for any other flair)

Jump in the discussion.

Counter argument:

We are here to watch the beheading

And sorry to say /h/social of has useless videos too, I forgot to add that point.

Jump in the discussion.

As long as this is just a hypothetical debate and not a real one, we cool lol

It's healthy for us to be able to talk about things in our real lives and not just be fixated on the blood. I'll put up with a couple dumb Minecraft memes if it means a healthier WPD user base.

I actually care about ypu fucks and I want to see you all doing the best you can

Jump in the discussion.

then block social

Jump in the discussion.

Nah. I mean: between cats and the attention seeking cunts of /h/selfharm popping on my feed, I rather have the cats. At least they don't encourage depressive people to hurt themselves.

Jump in the discussion.

https://media.giphy.com/media/NVkQeztyuTpgk/giphy.webp

Jump in the discussion.

:#marseybearautistlove:

Jump in the discussion.

Link copied to clipboard
Action successful!
Error, please refresh the page and try again.