Top Poster of the Day:
Deaths Today: 0
Current Registered Users: 1,751,581BROWSE EFFORTPOSTS SITE GUIDE DIRECTORY Emojis & Art | Info Megathreads
Sandshit! Your one-stop-shop for all things related to the most recent flareup of the Israel vs. Hamas conflict, beginning on October 7th 2023 with the Al Aqsa Flood terror attack by Palestinians on Israeli civilians.
This category is primarily for videos and pictures of combat and casualties, but discussion amongst those impacted it is also encouraged. This, along with /h/slavshit, for the Russian invasion of Ukraine seeks to chronicle the real, raw, unfiltered impact of modern conflicts which are a far cry from the fairly straightforward wars of yesteryear. WatchPeopleDie.tv will serve as an ongoing, citizen-led catalog of what is really happening on the ground and how it impacts those who live there, be they Israeli or Palestinian. Our independent and unsponsored status allows us to serve the sort of content that mainstream media networks, online and televisted, could never get away with broadcasting and wouldn't even if they could as they aim more than anything to push a sanitized, partisan agenda of their own. We are beholden to none, and any legal media is welcome here so long as it is related to the events unfolding. Vitriolic discussion is inevitable as well; the cost of war cannot be counted in bodies alone, and the sectarian, interpersonal conflicts that flare up between countrymen and neighbors is often minimized and overlooked. Let the discourse here immortalize that for all to see.
Upvotes and downvotes both increase the ranking of posts equally in this category. Downvoting is still discouraged unless something is genuinely low quality, though with emotions running high amongst third worlders, downvotes when one's pet side looks bad or loses in a video seem to be the norm. And so downvotes cannot serve to censor inconvenient reality here.
Supporting Palestine is all well and good, but Hamas is an internationally recognized terror organization. It is thus federally illegal for us to platform content supporting them. You're welcome to cheer the deaths of IDF soldiers, if that's your inclination, but do not stan a terror group.
Similarly: Calls for genocide are of questionable legality, and WatchPeopleDie.tv does not aim to end up in a landmark court case seeing where the line is exactly. Don't call for the eradication of people, whether they're Jews, Muslims, Arabs, Israelis, whatever.
This is true site-wide, but bears repeating here: WatchPeopleDie.tv is not Reddit. People are going to be mean to you. They're going to call you names. They're going to insult your beliefs. This is allowed. Stop reporting people for disagreeing with you or hurting your feelings or whatever. This clutters up the report queue which we use to get rid of spam, reposts and actually illegal content.
- You must be 18 or older to use this site.
- Do not post anything illegal under US law.
- Do not threaten or advocate violence.
- Do not sexualize minors.
- Do not post animal cruelty/abuse.
- Do not request illegal content.
- No doxing. No witch hunts.
- Don't dox or threaten to dox other WPD users, even offsite.
- Posts must include videos of people dying.
- The Discussion, Social, and Music flairs are intentionally off-topic and do not require people dying.
- Videos that only include aftermath of a serious accident/incident or current event may be allowed.
- No animal death unless there's also a human dying in the video.
- No posts centering on abuse/excessive suffering of children.
- Titles should be as descriptive as possible.
- Additional context, images, or sources are always encouraged and appreciated. No joke titles please.
- If there is a child hurt or killed, please put "Child Warning" in the title.
- No explicit racism or bigotry.
- Humor is fine, but comments that are just low effort shock value spam may be removed. Feel free to express your opinions but please try to express them in a reasonable manner.
- No reposts within 60 days
- Also no reposts of famous videos (unless you have a more HQ version, have a different POV, or are doing a writeup on it). These are listed below.