Unable to load image

Poll on suicide prevention phone numbers in posts with the flair "suicide" (Poll Ended)

Hey everyone,

With this post, I wanted to ask you if you think it would be appropriate to include suicide prevention phone numbers in my posts at the end of each post regarding the "suicide" flair.

It would just be a little side note with phone numbers that might not be known to everyone who is dealing with such thoughts.

Please vote your opinion in the poll.

Do you think it is exaggerated? Do you think it is right? Do you think that has no place on a gore site? Would that bother you?

It would be important for me to know what you guys think.

I think these posts strangely prevent suicides or even discourage thoughts of suicide - even without such references - simply because people see first-hand how "survivors" and relatives react to this sudden loss with pain and disbelief.

Nevertheless, I wanted to know from you what you think about this suggestion. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments as well.

Many thanks

Poll ended; see below

It could look like this:

If you are experiencing a suicidal or mental health crisis, contact your local suicide prevention hotline.

US ☎︎ 988 or 1-800-273-TALK (8255) | CA ☎︎ 1-833-456-4566 | UK ☎︎ 0800-689-5652 | AUS ☎︎ 13-11-14 or 1300-659-467 | DE ☎︎ 0800-111-0-111 | ES ☎︎ 024 | 🌎 Worldwide

Thank you for your feedback and participation. I will have a look at the result tomorrow evening.

:marseyfingerhearts:

Edit:

This ist the result of the poll:

https://i.watchpeopledie.tv/images/16826990441606874.webp

Thanks for everyone who participated and shared their opinion in the comments.

Since the majority approves this I will add this note at the end of each of my posts in this flair, even if this is a gore site.

Thank you.

:marseyfingerhearts:

Jump in the discussion.

No email address required.

Oh FFS please don't. One of the most annoying aspects of modern tech companies and the platforms and services that they control is that saying or typing "suicide" more often than not summons some stupid fucking box with a phone number in it along with some patronizing message, as if there's no other possible reason that word could ever appear beyond a person actively planning to unalive themselves.

Jump in the discussion.

I see your point, thanks.

:marseythumbsup:

Jump in the discussion.

Suicide hotlines are not suited to the demographics of this website. I don't think the type of suicidal person that lurks on here is the one who needs or would feel better with a phone call, they will probably be more cynical than average, they might just want to see gore like everyone else, and somehow a wall of suicide hotlines around a video of someone's suicide would just make the atmosphere around here even more bleak.

Jump in the discussion.

As someone who specifically watches suicide videos to talk myself out of it, it could help someone like myself if they had no other resources.

Jump in the discussion.

Thanks. Valued.

:marseybutt:

Jump in the discussion.

You can always google the numbers instead of this website if you really wanted help.

Jump in the discussion.

No, I need to watch the family members cry in agony. That’s how it works for me. I have plenty of resources. Others, not so much. Some done even know there’s a number to even Google.

Jump in the discussion.

Edgy and cringe as fuck

Jump in the discussion.

as long as those numbers are actually phone sex hotlines (if those even exist anymore) I'm all for it

Jump in the discussion.

:marseylaugh:

Thanks

Jump in the discussion.

Id say this would have little effect personally.

I think a better idea might be to put a wholesome category, pin it on the mainpage. Restrict for only the hope-inspiring content to be allowed on there. It’ll get trolls, but if anything, I’m sure most will laugh at that aspect and find it funny. It’s not going to change the world, but it might brighten up a very small part of a person’s day, and that’s all it could take for some.

If you don’t think it would work, well I can tell you, this sort of stuff helped me, and I’m sure I wouldn’t be the only one.

https://i.watchpeopledie.tv/images/1682709022620661.webp

Jump in the discussion.

https://i.watchpeopledie.tv/images/16827090307136884.webp

Jump in the discussion.

https://i.watchpeopledie.tv/images/16827090782908902.webp

Jump in the discussion.

https://i.watchpeopledie.tv/images/16827091004119477.webp

Jump in the discussion.

https://i.watchpeopledie.tv/images/1682709110200524.webp

Jump in the discussion.

It's not gonna hurt anything, if so it may help someone

Jump in the discussion.

No. If someone really wants to do it, the post will change nothing. Just bein honest.

Jump in the discussion.

If you can find your way here to this website, you can also find your way to Google for a local suicide prevention number. Some dude in Tulsa 800 miles away isn’t going to help. You’d need someone close to actually talk to you.

Jump in the discussion.

Wouldn't hurt doing it for some suicide vids. Young ppl jumping and such. I wouldn't recommend for sh though, different kettle of kippers.

Jump in the discussion.

Thank you for your opinion.

Jump in the discussion.

Screenshot due to the forced award

https://i.watchpeopledie.tv/images/16826341554660945.webp

My freedom is limited, and until the next evening I am forced to include 'trans lives matter' and that retarded random picture [EDIT: I wanted better one] below in every comment!

Jump in the discussion.

Thank you for this extract (apparently from the chat?). I don't feel guilty about publishing this kind of content. I just thought it was important to ask.

Also, this is just about my posts, not all posts with that flair. Perhaps the quotation marks have distracted you so much that you have overlooked that. lol

Thanks again chud bro

Jump in the discussion.

It's not from the chat, I've just screenshoted the message instead of writing it in a retarded way.

My freedom is limited, and until the next evening I am forced to include 'trans lives matter' and that retarded random picture [EDIT: I wanted better one] below in every comment!

Jump in the discussion.

What did you do to even get it?

Jump in the discussion.

Wrote to someone how annoying it is that my Carandiru post is spammed with the awards and unreadable as an 'experiment' for certain user. Different one just gave me (or rather my post) 4 more then.

Jump in the discussion.

I see... chud bro..

:marseyembrace:

Jump in the discussion.

Absolutely not, why is people so patronizing? We're adults here, hopefully with working brain cells.

Jump in the discussion.

Thank you.

Jump in the discussion.

What is patronizing and un-adult about listing a few phone numbers?

Jump in the discussion.

Because it's information widely known and easy to access to people that require it. It's so annoying to assume that people is so stupid that cannot do anything for themselves.

Jump in the discussion.

Honestly found myself watching gore of people's suicides to talk myself out of it. Extra help would be nice too.

Slightly off topic, but I remember once when I was looking at suicide vids, there was an extra message (I have no idea if it was made by the site owners or not) that literally said "If you plan to kill yourself by hanging, (do smthin with the pelvis i dont remember the exact wording). You won't shit over the floor and your family wont have to deal with a mess to clean up"

Jump in the discussion.

@CocaColaMan also think putting Suicide Assistance information up would be important.

Hillary 2024

https://i.watchpeopledie.tv/images/1692406942977135.webp

Jump in the discussion.

Thank you for your opinion.

This Chud Award seems to be making the rounds.

Seems like this one is too cheap, especially because the site is growing and coins are simply accumulating, as with any "currency".

Funny though, isn't it?

LOL

Jump in the discussion.

I was suicidal before seeing this website and this call doesn't help when I was suicidal, I just went to a mental hospital and got some emotional therapy, my mom did call the hospital when I told her and that was the kinda best decision because if I didn't went to the hospital you will never see gorejake..I hope this helps people with suicidal thoughts 😁😁

Jump in the discussion.

I think we should do it. I can imagine that people seriously contemplating suicide may visit this website. If we even have a 1% chance of changing their mind, it will be worth it.

Jump in the discussion.

No don't do it.

First off those numbers are basically useless. They don't help anyone.

Second, it wont help the site. We wont be taken off the web for not having those numbers so having them is really self felatio, "oh look how much I care!" Kinda bullshit.

Third, if this site gets anymore straggy we are just going to be reddit lite with gore.

Fourth, if you are really concerned about users well being get rid of self harm.

Cheers.

Jump in the discussion.

Itll cover our backs if something were to happen and whats wrong with keeping users alive? more content views that way :)

Jump in the discussion.

But less content to view.

Jump in the discussion.

a non dead member is better for content engagement

Jump in the discussion.

:#marseykrishna:

Snapshots:

Worldwide:

Jump in the discussion.

Suicide is for losers. Anyone who kills themself is a loser, and they should be mourned. What imaginary victim are you whiteknightjng for?

“Oooh I watched too many icky videos and now I’m gonna, I’m gonna- OOOOOOHhh I’m SOOOOICIDING!!! AAAAAAHHH!”

Jump in the discussion.

Link copied to clipboard
Action successful!
Error, please refresh the page and try again.