Unable to load image

why does this shit make me laugh

Idk guys but I saw this video and it made me laugh because of the irony, watch the video, see what you think!

Narrator def eaten pork before

Jump in the discussion.

No email address required.

My sister was a swine herd manager of a large farm. Cutting the tushes doesn't hurt (they are tiny), I used to hold them when she did it- and prevents them from growing tusks. Males are castrated and have their tushes cut, she didn't do their tails, they had a good farm setup, it was low stress. Even with lots of room and low stress, pigs will sometimes cannibalize each other. They scream because pigs scream regardless what you are doing. I love pigs, wouldn't have them for meat, they are way too intelligent- but this guy's "facts" are pretty one-sided, and the reasoning's not correct. Next door has 2 pigs out on almost an acre- and they fight and ass around and screech just because. They are pets...

Jump in the discussion.

Exactly, all of it is bullshit

Jump in the discussion.

I'll admit to having watched every slaughter video I'll ever need to watch to make sure I was informed enough, and of my favourite animals- horses. While it's abhorrent to me to eat horse meat, my ex was Quebecois and they ate horse regularly. Even though it's horrible, I have watched hundreds of horses slaughtered, and only a few would I consider abuse- the guy at the knockbox didn't work the bolt correctly, or didn't shoot correctly and the horse wasn't stunned- but despite this, I still think it's generally done ok in Canada. You shouldn't eat horses, they are companion animal like dogs and cats, but some do- and I just had to make sure my horses lived and died here on the farm where they lived their lives. I owed them that.

Most animals are slaughtered correctly- it's behooves the butcher to slaughter quietly, calmly and with as little stress to the animal as possible. Frightened animals make terrible, tough, inedible meat.

Jump in the discussion.

Appreciate wpd for posts like this. On most of the wanking internet this informed post would get downvoted and hated on.

Jump in the discussion.

I remember a huge 700 pound boar, standing on the rails of his stall, waiting to be scratched on the shoulders. He was super nice.

Regarding doing the tushes- it's done within 24-36 hours of birth, same as castration. They'll injure the mother sow when nursing if they aren't cut, because they are really sharp.

I'm sure the swine industry has changed in all the years since she worked there, but my sister was in Veterinary medicine and enjoyed it. She wouldn't have tolerated abuse. Castration was dead easy and takes about 60 seconds. It was virtually bloodless. Things aren't very vascular when they are that small.

Jump in the discussion.

:#marseykiwi:

Snapshots:

:

Jump in the discussion.

what kind of shit are you watching?

Jump in the discussion.

Found it on my yt shorts page

Jump in the discussion.

snappygivesmeaboner

Peta stuff by looks of it. Only not with really correct "facts".

I hate slaughter set ups, but many farms are large and open. I spent a lot of time at my sister's farm when I was young, and developed a liking and respect for them. Smart critters. Stinky, but smart. They are wonderful for digging up ground naturally- the next door's place went from a mess of bushes and trees to almost plowable land.

Jump in the discussion.

Link copied to clipboard
Action successful!
Error, please refresh the page and try again.