Unable to load image

Have you ever seen a dead body? what were your experiences?

(gore videos don't count)

Jump in the discussion.

No email address required.

I just saw a cat dead body today, it was depressing to look at

Jump in the discussion.

like natural deaths ? i have been to many family members funeral and have seen dead bodies

besides the sorrows for the loss i didn't experience anything else

Jump in the discussion.

I once saw a man pulled out of the water, he was at least 2 meters long and had been in there for a long time. He still had his lighter in his hand. He didn't look fresh anymore.

Jump in the discussion.

My sister had a cardiac arrest caused by bulimia nervosa, i was the one performing cpr until i realised that her lips were blue

Jump in the discussion.

Long ramble incoming.

My great grandad passed away in his sleep from old age.

Explaining

He had been living with my nan and her boyfriend (not yet married, Shes had quite a few divorces) and she found him early in the morning, His mouth open wide and his eyes open like he was scared.

I had met him a total of 14 tines throughout my life

She left him like that for 3 hours, Sitting and crying at his corpse, Before calling people to tell them the news. She waited a total of 5 hours before calling a mortician person (hearse thing) to take the body away.

My nan invited us all over, Not sure why, I assume to say goodbye to him or something.

Us kids of the family sat silently in the living room for half an hour (Be aware there were actual children present. My sister was 6 at the time.) Before being told the news by my vrying mother. My nan led us to his room to say our goodbyes.

Body

There wasnt a smell as it had happend just that night, But the way he looked was strange

The mans mouth was gaping open, his head angled toward the ceiling. He was laid in the centre of the bed, His arms by his sides, Tucked in as if he were sleeping, Only his eyes were open. They looked milky, Like when a dog gets old and starts going blind. His face looked waxy with a very yellow undertone. He looked like a genuine wax figure. You could see his veins in his hands so clearly, His hands completeley white ither than the blue main veins. My youngest sister sat next to him and stared at him (she realized what happend to him back at home, Only after his funeral.)

It was a strange expirience, Being invited to see youre dead great grandfather.

Always loved the mad whenever i met him. He loved my crossy roads game, Sitting next to me as i played. I offered it to him a few times, But as a Very elderly man, He didnt completeley understand it.

He was a good man and a good father. Served in a war and many family christmas dinners. His chair still has his blanket which he was using when he died.

The most recent times was the hamsters my sister had, All died to a cat related incident.

HAMSTERSS

First hamster whom shall not be named survived 13 days in our house. My sister was cleaning out its cage, Leaving the hamster to free range in its little tub.

My brother was 10 (A month off from his birthday)

My sister was 13

The cat, At the time, Was in the room that my brother and i share. My brother is not at fualt for what happend in the slightest. My brother let the cat out of the room as she kept jumping at the handle, trying to get out.

By this point my sister had gotten bored of cleaning, amd decided to sit on her bed and go on her phone, Leaving the cage open on the floor. The cat got into the room, we dont know how, and got the hamster. She walked out of the room without my sister noticing, bringing the hamster to mine and my brothers room and sitting on my lap as she began killing it. I screamed No and picked the cat up by her chest, Causing her to drop the hamster onto my bed. There was no blood. My mother came in after screams from me and my brother, Followed by my sister. My mother took the hamster to my father.

I stayed in the room, trying to figure out what to do with the cat, When my little brother began crying. He was proper sobbing, He felt terrible. He blubbered out how he didnt mean to, And how he let the cat out, And didnt know about the hamster.

My sister came in and started crying and yelling at him about how it was his fualt, which made him cry even more. I tried getting my sister out of the room unsuccessfully, ending in me shoving her out and blocking the door. I hugged my brother and convinced hin truthfully that its not his fualt.

The hamster died the next day from assumably internal bleeding.

HAMSTER II

This one was FUUUCKED UUUUP.

Happened while my sister was out of the house. I was in the shower, Heard a bang but assumed nothing of it.

Got out of the shower and went to my room. 2 hours later called for dinner. I start walking out the landing when i see sawdust by my sisters door. I open the door and turn on the lights.

The hamsters cage had been pushed off of the closet and onto the floor, Landing on its side. The sawdust was scattered all over the floor. I quickly call for my sister, who runs upstairs and sees the mess. She starts panicking, Quickly picking up the cage before screaming loudly and running downstairs.

I look at the cage, The hamsters was halfway through the bars, Its head and front legs missing, A small trail of organs / guts??? Hanging down the side.

I was sent downstairs by my dad, Who picked up the cage and scooped out the half hamster. He found the cat and chucked her out the window (She was fine, We were on the 2nd floor of a british house)

After dinner we return upstairs, Seeing the sawdust on the floor (My dad had picked up everything else.)

The hamsters head later turned up on the stairs, after being stepped on by my youngest sister.

My sister came in and asked me to sleep in my room, As she didnt want to step on any of the pieces of the hamster or its blood, I went in the next day to hoover and properly clean the room.

No more hamster till the cat leaves with my oldest sister in college!

Jump in the discussion.

When I was in high school I used to visit the public library afterwards to play on the computers. The library is mutli-floored with all floors having a open balcony to the center. Sorta open like and shit. The computers face that open area and you can see the first floor from there. One day as I was playing on the computer I saw this blur fly by behind the monitor followed by a deafening clang. I didn't know what the fuck it was, I thought some idiot dropped their backpack off the balcony or something, there was a lot of homeless, tweakers, and stupid kids like me who would come to the library daily. That's when I heard the splashing. It turns out some homeless guy had jumped from the fourth floor, the floor above mine, and fell onto some metal beams that acted as decorations above the front desk. The beams were more of like thin slats. When he hit, everyone went quiet. Like the public library turned fucking silent. Which for this library, was rare. All you COULD hear was the splattering and pouring of the dude's blood as it gushed out of him and onto the front desk, floor, books, etc. what sucks is they had the whole library evacuate. But there's only two easy routes for non emergency. The escalator to the ground floor or the elevator. The police had us take the escalator down, which was in full view of the front desk and the metal awning he landed on. There was a bunch of firefighters and cops who climbed up there, or over the railing and down to him, but there was no chance. I wish I snapped pics of something but I can't even find the event in the news. I found an article from an independent journalist local to the area about it, but it was vague and has no name or detail. I think because it was a homeless person they just never made it public. The library was back to business the next day.

Jump in the discussion.

My grandpa had multiple myeloma, so we decided to put him in hospice and he died in our home living room sadly

Jump in the discussion.

Here en jalisco Mexico was walking down the streat and saw two guys running towards two guys sitting a a food stand and just started shooting with AR15 I just stop and look as it happened in front of me I could smell the gun powder and the Oder from the bodies was bad bothe heads were blown it was like raw meat same day flew back to Texas lol but now I am back to visit just not on that side of town

Jump in the discussion.

This is long winded but a couple experiences.

Yes, I found my uncle dead and bloated. Six years ago, my uncle lived on my second floor, I lived on the first. I was working 5, 12hr shifts in a row so would get home in the morning, go to bed, get up and go back to work. One night while at work, I realized I hadn't talked to him in a couple days so called him and he didn't answer or reply. I asked my mum if she heard from him which she hadn't and said that he didn't call my dad back about going to their house for Easter. That's when I knew something was wrong plus he didn't call me about going grocery shopping which we did every first week of the month since he got his food stamps. Anyways, it's cold and raining, I get in the house, walk up the steps, and start calling for him, no answer. His cat is meowing and I open his door which is weird cause he always locked it. I saw his keys and knew then he was in there dead somewhere, so I check the bathroom and kitchen, not in there and I look in the living room and he's laying on his side on the couch, black and blue, and bloated with his arms extended as if he was hugging something. His palms looked like a water balloon glove. I grieved for a minute then called my parents to inform them. I then went through his apartment gathering his $, gun, and Percocet. Before I called 911.

I called 911 and they kept asking if I could resuscitate him, I said, “lady, he's in the putrefaction stage of decomposition, he's black, blue, and bloated!”. When the medical examiner took him off the couch and onto the bodybag, I heard them drop him, his skin had come off (skin slippage). After they took him away, I was left alone to deal with the cleanup. The couch was soaked with body fluids, luckily he had clothes packed under the cushions which prevented anything seeping through to the floor. His pillow had bright red blood on it, looked like red melted candle wax. 2 kinda weird things happened with his death. 1) the money he had was the exact amount it cost for his cremation, change and all, not that he would have known that. 2) on the 3rd day he was up there dead, I had woken briefly and looked at my bifold closet door which was open, it looked like a shadow of a person inside and the door closed. Nobody can stand in there as I have shelves in there, I put the cover over my head and went to sleep. He had been dead up there for a week, I didn't know cause he smoked a lot anyways and stunk so that's why I didn't smell anything. I could smell the “sweet smell of death” after he was removed from the house. It wasn't a gross smell but a sweet pungent kinda smell which I still smell at times. I think I heard when he died cause he was coughing like crazy and I looked at the ceiling and said “have another cigarette”. And all his activity on his phone/PS3/Xbox, had shown about that time to be last used. He was 53 so I wasn't really expecting that.

One time, I was about 16 (40 now) a friend and I were cruising the ghetto at about 3am and came across an alley with a parked car and legs hanging out of the car. I flashed my high beams and beeped, no movement. We yelled out and went around the block a couple times, the person never moved. I pulled behind a Pittsburgh police car, flashed my lights and beeped to get his attention, that cop hit the gas and took off, we couldn't believe it. I found another cop who didn't want anything to do with it. So I called 911 after finding a pay phone. By the time we got back to the scene, the car was on a flatbed truck with a tarp on it and police everywhere. I wish I would have been with my other friend because we would have walked up to the car. I later found out the guy was shot to death.

I also held my twin sisters hand until she passed from cancer, and my dad died a year late, I witnessed that also. Witnessing my sister die, I feel like I can get through anything now. She helped me overcome my fear of death because she found out she had cancer on a Monday and 10 days later, she passed. She was coherent up until about 6hrs of her passing, she had no fear, we got to talk and say goodbye.

Jump in the discussion.

Some guy got shot in the head

Jump in the discussion.

My first time was driving through a blizzard in the middle of iowa saw a whole family just turned to fucking nothing when a simi drove into the back of their mini van tried to help them but all were dead.

Jump in the discussion.

When I was like 19 I was at a friends house and we decided to buy some drugs from his hippie neighbour.

We did some of the drugs at her place and hang out a little, then we decided to go back home, which was like 2 houses away.

When we arrived the step dad of my friend was lying under a small desk, we were high on mdma so we were shocked for a second, cause we thought he might realize it. After a few seconds we realized how strange it was that he was lying under the desk, so I went to him because my friend was starting to panic.

When I stepped next to him I already saw it was to late, cause he already turned purple. I went to check his pulse and realized hes already cold. My friend was crying and calling the ambulance at that point, when I told him that it might be to late. His stepdad died of an heart attack while we were getting drugs 2 houses away. And we found him while beeing super high on mdma.

Jump in the discussion.

When I was 6 years old I saw a dead body in a car, I still remember that day and he had a Superman shirt on and he was in a car crash and it was a bad one too, he was covered in blood and his body looked so fucking limp it scared me. I honestly don't know if it was on the news or not and I really don't know if there's was police dispatch audio or body cam footage or even fucking CCTV footage. I think about it from time to time. Other times was when I saw my dead grandma and grandpa in the hospital bed.

Jump in the discussion.

my grandparents in their coffin and a few others not very impressive

But about fifteen years ago I had to go to the morgue to identify for the police the body of one of my friends who was knocked down (burst) by a car on the highway. (his parents were on vacation abroad and fortunately)

His head was in the right place under the sheet but when they lifted it I could see that they could have put it somewhere else if they had wanted. horrible especially when it's a good friend...

For the record he was completely drunk and walked on the highway one foggy evening. the driver has never been identified.

Jump in the discussion.

Terrible, I hope you're okay :marseyheart:

Jump in the discussion.

yes thank you, water has flowed under the bridges since the accident.

At one point I thought about it every day. he was 22 years old and he was a great guy.

I still hope that we will find the driver one day but I doubt it.

Jump in the discussion.

I also hope that the driver will receive the maximum penalty. How unfair this world is :marseytears:

Jump in the discussion.

To be really honest I don't blame the driver for the accident.

the police were alerted by other drivers who had seen my friend staggering in the middle of the road in a foggy night.

It could have happened to me like it could have happened to anyone. However, this coward escaped without trying to help or testify to the facts.

I would like to believe that this guilt is eating away at him from the inside. unfortunately he probably sleeps very well and that's what's unfair.

Jump in the discussion.

I have seen a dead homeless man hidden below a bridge when I was like 13 and I was so happy to be able to see that.

Jump in the discussion.

Do my co-workers on a monday morning count ?

Jump in the discussion.

HAHAHAH

Jump in the discussion.

Dozens, I used to work with them. Also a bad car accident outside my place a few years ago.

Jump in the discussion.

zoz

Jump in the discussion.

zle

Jump in the discussion.

zozzle

Jump in the discussion.

Thank you zozbot.

Jump in the discussion.

I watchd my brother get curb stompt when he was 5 by some 14 year old kids

Jump in the discussion.

Im so sorry.

Jump in the discussion.

Not just one, but five fried bodies - electricity accident.

Jump in the discussion.

How five times 😂😂🤦 cap

Jump in the discussion.

Not 5 times - 1 time, 5 dead. Would you like the news story?

Jump in the discussion.

Shit doesn't happen bro give the news story 😂😂

Jump in the discussion.

Fine, check your DMs.

Either believe that I was there, or just don't, as I can't prove it without getting doxed lol. There's no need to say anything more.

Jump in the discussion.

Power lines?

Jump in the discussion.

Yeah - high voltage power lines + large flag pole carried by people + strong wind = death

Jump in the discussion.

Damn, that's avoidable but still very unfortunate. The only electrocution death I've ever seen was an older guy who didn't really have any visible damage to him. Got a fairly mild zap that was just enough to stop his heart.

Jump in the discussion.

Yep, it was just bad but also stupid, as they could choose not to mess with that thing in that weather. Their heads of some were stuck on the pole, with melted brains etc, while others got zapped away

And that sucks, but at least it should be over quickly for him

Jump in the discussion.

I found a dead homeless person sleeping in the trash room in my old apartment building years ago. It was no big deal really it was not shocking. You most probably walk past many dead on the street now days. People do not check them people in sleeping bags in door ways. It's sad 😢

Jump in the discussion.

“dead homeless person sleeping”

Sounds like he was dead tired

Jump in the discussion.

Norm MacDonald voice

Jump in the discussion.

Ha . He woke up dead

Jump in the discussion.

My friend's uncle once hit a man riding a bicycle and to this day, human organs can be found in the forest where it happened.

Jump in the discussion.

Would they not have rotted way? That's eerie

Jump in the discussion.

yeah that's crazy

Jump in the discussion.

:#marseygigachadbrony:

Jump in the discussion.

Link copied to clipboard
Action successful!
Error, please refresh the page and try again.