Dear h/selfharm

Please stop false reporting OC creators for cat scratches. If it is a styro (AKA the cut hit white, and went down to the depth of derma/dermis), then it is not a cat scratch. Yes, styros can appear thin or shallow at times, but they are still not cat scratches. “Cat scratches” only applies to cuts that only penetrated/scratched the first level of skin, the epidermis. Yes, I do personally think if you're OC posting your cuts should at least be suitable for a gore site, but I digress. If you can't discern whether something is a cat scratch or not, then it's best not to report it. I've seen dozens of cat scratch reports on styro cuts, and mods are probably annoyed with the number of false reports they have to go through.

This is a pretty standard self harm chart, just replace “babies” with “cat scratches” and you'll be able to discern what I mean.

https://i.watchpeopledie.tv/images/17184872782561164.webp

Again, this post is not to attack your personal opinions on what a suitable depth is. I really don't care if you think styro cutters are pussies. I'm just saying that, objectively — styro cuts are not cat scratches. Make fun of em, leave whatever comments you what — it's not against the rules. Just don't use the report feature when unnecessary, since mods actually spend their time going through them rather than using an automated bot system.

Jump in the discussion.

No email address required.

It's not really about how deep it goes, it's about how much gore there is. SH is disliked mainly because it's easy to do and most of the times when it is done there's little to no blood and it looks like a scratch (compared to getting beheaded :marseyxd: ) Not encouraging selfharm but from what I've seen people like gorier types, like the chick that carved into her thigh, or cuts that are huge/gushing.

Jump in the discussion.

Stop dont cut yourself bot when?

Jump in the discussion.

:marseyevilgrin:

Jump in the discussion.

No and I totally agree. I think some of the self harm videos that still fit the rule criteria aren't really gory enough by the standards of WPD — and i'm not encouraging it by saying that either, I just think. Y'know. Gore site. Should probably be pretty gory.

But if it doesn't break a rule or standard in the selfharm section, then I won't report it. Some people go out of their way to which really does nothing for anyone. This post was mostly just to say “don't report post for x if it's not actually x.”

Jump in the discussion.

:marseyagreefast: I get that but sadly some people get really butthurt over them and report them as fast as they can :marseyxd: I might if I'm feeling angry, the best posts are the "[Child warning] My lil scratches >w< (oc) (don't repost) (not romantisizing)" then they get banned :marseylaughpoundfist:

Jump in the discussion.

LMFAOO that shit is funny ngl I remember seeing some shit like that months back and when I refreshed the page they were banned

Jump in the discussion.

explain this then

https://i.watchpeopledie.tv/images/17184974662354417.webp

Jump in the discussion.

i'm not talking about scratching the surface of styro, i'm talking about deep styro cuts/near beans. Should've specified

Jump in the discussion.

Ad victoriam

Jump in the discussion.

I did write this on a shit ton of adderall so it probably lost it's way halfway through but you get the message

Jump in the discussion.

:#marseycertifiedangus:

Jump in the discussion.

Would you fuckers please keep your selfharm drama in the selfharm section? We get told to block selfharm if we don't want to see/hear about it, but it defeats the purpose if you crybaby retards spill out on to the main boards every fucking day. For fuck's sake.

Jump in the discussion.

I've literally only posted to selfharm once and it wasn't even OC content. I'm just saying not to report something for cat scratches/low effort styro if it doesn't fit the criteria because mods have to manually go through reports. And you can't just add a text post to selfharm if you're not an admin — It's for gore only. I would have added this post there if it was allowed.

If it pisses you off so much, then why take the time to reply? There's a block feature for a reason. It's a gore site with social features. Discussions about all forms of gore, including self harm, are going to appear in the sections meant for miscellaneous discussion of all kinds. You're calling people “crybaby retards” and yet you can't handle when a social platform isn't catered specifically to you. I personally don't enjoy Slavshit videos. That doesn't mean i'm gonna throw a tantrum when people talk about the russian/ukranian conflict in the discussion/social hole, because this site wasn't catered for me and my personal interests.

Jump in the discussion.

Yeah, I read your fucking post. I know what you said.

You want everybody in selfharm to cater to your personal standards and opinions of what should be there versus what shouldn't.

So you made a whiny post to tell people what they should and shouldn't report, because your opinion is more important.

Yeah, I see your point. I'm totally the asshole here.

Retard.

And you wonder why I want the selfharm bullshit to stay in selfharm?

Jump in the discussion.

No, it's not me wanting people to cater to my “personal standards and opinions” dipshit, the post in summary is literally just “if it doesn't break a rule, don't report it” or “If it isn't x, don't report it for x.” There is a clear difference between a deep styro cut and a scratch on the top of the skin. That isn't a personal opinion — if you can't tell the difference, you're retarded. You shouldn't be reporting something if it doesn't break a rule. Is that such a crazy concept?

I literally don't care what kind of shit is posted to the selfharm hole otherwise. And again, text posts are LITERALLY not allowed in selfharm. There is nowhere else I could've posted this.

Half the reason people started telling users to block the selfharm tag is because you retards would deliberately go into the hole just to downvote the videos, or complain about self harmers to someone who wasn't even posting original content.

If you don't want to see discussions about all kinds of gore, in a discussion hole for all kinds of gore, then block this tag aswell. Not my problem that you personally don't like seeing shit about self harm.

Jump in the discussion.

Complain to the mods if you want to complain. I'm not going to block every section of the site to blot out retards because you all infest everything, everywhere.

Jump in the discussion.

Waa waa. Then stop complaining when something that is allowed to be posted to a hole is posted to a hole. Maybe you'd be less annoyed by “infestation” if you didn't make the decision to actively engage with it. :lelolidk:

Jump in the discussion.

Link copied to clipboard
Action successful!
Error, please refresh the page and try again.