Dear h/selfharm

Please stop false reporting OC creators for cat scratches. If it is a styro (AKA the cut hit white, and went down to the depth of derma/dermis), then it is not a cat scratch. Yes, styros can appear thin or shallow at times, but they are still not cat scratches. “Cat scratches” only applies to cuts that only penetrated/scratched the first level of skin, the epidermis. Yes, I do personally think if you're OC posting your cuts should at least be suitable for a gore site, but I digress. If you can't discern whether something is a cat scratch or not, then it's best not to report it. I've seen dozens of cat scratch reports on styro cuts, and mods are probably annoyed with the number of false reports they have to go through.

This is a pretty standard self harm chart, just replace “babies” with “cat scratches” and you'll be able to discern what I mean.

https://i.watchpeopledie.tv/images/17184872782561164.webp

Again, this post is not to attack your personal opinions on what a suitable depth is. I really don't care if you think styro cutters are pussies. I'm just saying that, objectively — styro cuts are not cat scratches. Make fun of em, leave whatever comments you what — it's not against the rules. Just don't use the report feature when unnecessary, since mods actually spend their time going through them rather than using an automated bot system.

Jump in the discussion.

No email address required.

Ad victoriam

Jump in the discussion.

I did write this on a shit ton of adderall so it probably lost it's way halfway through but you get the message

Jump in the discussion.

Link copied to clipboard
Action successful!
Error, please refresh the page and try again.