Unable to load image

Animal Abuse

The, “official line” is that this stuff isn’t allowed because of US law, and indeed there appears to exist such a law on the books. But I can’t be the only one here who wonders just how enforced that law is? Is this site even hosted in the US?

Edit: does this law extend to animal on animal violence? Self defense against animals? Accidents involving animals?

Jump in the discussion.

No email address required.

But I can’t be the only one here who wonders just how enforced that law is?

It is enforced. Breaking this rule can lead to deplatforming.

Is this site even hosted in the US?

Yep, hence why we enforce this rule (and most people don't like animal abuse either)

Jump in the discussion.

Sounds like a reason to move the hosting. What are some situations where the law has been enforced?

Jump in the discussion.

Nah, perfectly fine to stay where we are. Current provider is pretty chill. Also, fuck animal abuse.

What are some situations where the law has been enforced?

Can't really tell much about this as I don't have much info, but there are cases where instances request a takedown of a certain video because it is against US law. If valid, it gets removed. If not, fuck 'em lol.

Jump in the discussion.

And the situations I described? Where do those fit into things?

Jump in the discussion.

iirc, it's basically a "thou shall not upload the cat in a blender video". Then there are like a dozen more things you can't do. Basically any form of immoral pain to an animal is not allowed. I'm not a lawyer though, I probably skipped some stuff. Animal on animal violence (not sure), self defence and accidents are by law all allowed from my understanding.

We just don't want any animal stuff here at all. Firstly to avoid gray areas like a dude using a snake as a weapon to defend himself (which is animal abuse), and secondly because most people (including myself) hate animal abuse of any kind.

Jump in the discussion.

“Dude using a snake as a weapon to defend himself…” 🤔

Jump in the discussion.

Link copied to clipboard
Action successful!
Error, please refresh the page and try again.