Unable to load image

has anyone WPD irl? or seen gore?

Just curious about what yall have seen.

I have seen gore and seen some fighting 3 times but idk if it really counts bc i barely remember. i was between 6-10 y.o. (2005-2011) living in laredo.

• first was a shooting at a gas station outside a mexican supermarket. (tx) didnt see much bc i was so short in the car without my booster seat and we skidaddled. also i was distracted by the snacks and toys we picked up on the mexican side of the border. good times.

• very far in the distance a body was hanging from a highway bridge thing. idk where but somewhere in tamaulipas.

• was with family member when he found the body of a border patrol agent in the boonies while we were fourwheeling. didnt realize he was dead until years later when I thought about how you probably cant breathe if you're lying ass up with your face in a puddle. (tx)

• someone on the street came running and said they found a head or something in the trash. was in fast spanish so i didnt understand all. some people followed to see. me and my family went to a park instead. (also in tamaulipas)

did anyone else have similar spooky but underwhelming experiences with gore?

Jump in the discussion.

No email address required.

My dad shot himself with a caliber 22 in his bedroom, literally 5 feet from me. He hit his lungs and when i found him on the ground calling my name, i couldn't find the bullet hole. So much blood, we're talking blood up the walls, all over the floor. I called 911, took 30 minutes for ambulance to arrive. He died of a heart attack about an hour after the act. I'm gratefull, in a way, that i could spend his last hour on earth with him, no matter how brutal. I know he regretted, also told me he loved me 1000 times. I am prety much immune to gore now, guess im here for that reason.

Jump in the discussion.

I'm so sorry. I'm glad he got to tell you he loved you so many times. He was saying he loved you in that moment and for every time he won't get to in the future. My grandfather did the same.

Jump in the discussion.

Wow, that's a rough one, sorry you had to experience that.

Jump in the discussion.

Thanks. I'ts been 12 years and i think about it every day. I'ts so surreal that you can't process it for months/years. Still talk about it like it hapenned to someone else. Made me reconsider how i treat people at least.

Jump in the discussion.

Link copied to clipboard
Action successful!
Error, please refresh the page and try again.