Unable to load image

Not all selfharm is freakish

Hey guys, I'm really only making this post to find people who agree with me :marseysurejan:

Overall its been established that nobody on this site really likes selfharm. :marseyagreefast:

BUT! Selfharm that I find silly are the ones that are for attention. :marseyshrug:

For example

a - teen slices wrist because she's sad

OR

b - cool ass scars

Thank you @HEAV3N

(https://watchpeopledie.tv/h/selfharm/post/38101/ram-scarification)

I dunno I just saw that n thought it shouldn't be hated because it's selfharm but kinda appreciated because it's cool, even if it's not OC.

love ya guys!!

:#marseyrylan:

Jump in the discussion.

No email address required.

You forgot C: I obliterate my liver after a crappy day at work.

Jump in the discussion.

and you get a good time out of it🍻

Jump in the discussion.

Sometimes.

Jump in the discussion.

Hear hear

Jump in the discussion.

Ahhh that too

Jump in the discussion.

Rookie

Jump in the discussion.

Self harm that involves smoking, drinking, chewing your nails, getting tattoos, even piercings is fine with me. Carving yourself up for votes pisses me off. I'm not going to "pay" them so ignoring the post and not voting up or down, seems to be a better idea.

Jump in the discussion.

so ignoring the post and not voting up or down, seems to be a better idea.

:marseyhesright: Downvotes on a typical sh content aren't even a possibility, it's just something that will happen, in varying numbers. Downvoting means meeting the expectations of people being upset. I don't like and don't post self-harm. But when it's about the others' harm, then unironically lack of people getting triggered (over something more disturbing than average) is disappointing, lol. Some users only post this for downvotes and for the people being annoyed. IMO your 'seems to be' can be changed to 'is'. It confirms itself a way around, though.

(if it wasn't nearly 6AM, I'd love to do some internet searches... ;] not on WPD, but I'm sure somewhere else there must be an insight view whining opinion exchange on this matter, but between these actually interested in sh content)

Jump in the discussion.

I completely agree. Only reason I post SH is when I'm low on coins

Jump in the discussion.

Controversy pays, you know what's up

Jump in the discussion.

Indeedy indeed.

Jump in the discussion.

I find the videos where people cut their own cocks in half quite curious. Being able to mentally overcome that block just for some weird fetish is really interesting.

So is scarification, as that's interesting in it's own right for the willingness to suffer for aesthetics.

Even self harm where it's just someone depressed is interesting. I remember seeing a video of a man carving a fillet off of his arm before cooking it as a form of self harm. I think everyones just sick of people doing it to get some weird form of approval by posting directly, and people just cutting. It's genuinely just repetitive.

Jump in the discussion.

Are you talking about my post, "penis slicing"? :marseysmirk:

And I agree on the entire watching people selfharm uniquely is interesting, basic kitty scratches are boring

Jump in the discussion.

Nope, I don't particularly like penises (other than my husband's because I have to, lol) but under no circumstance can I see myself watching some guy chop his dick in half, sliced, diced or julienne fried.

Glad you guys can do the homework, but it gives me a pain in my guts to even think of it. Fuck that would hurt...

Jump in the discussion.

it's very rough to watch

Jump in the discussion.

And I'm a woman- but feel it deep in my guts... no, I can't watch that.

Jump in the discussion.

you should try it :marseysurejan:

Jump in the discussion.

Nope, watching that doesn't appeal to me.

Jump in the discussion.

Yeah I am!

Jump in the discussion.

yay!

:#marseyexciteddance:

Jump in the discussion.

Yww I always thought scarification was cool but never thought anyone would like it since it is self harm until now !

Jump in the discussion.

I think it's very cool :marsey:

Jump in the discussion.

I can tell you're posting this to find people to agree with you because most don't. There's a reason for that. I'm not here to lecture you but don't say there's such a thing as self-harm for attention vs not. The only reason one self-harms is because of a lack of attention to one's needs. Whether it's that person's fault for neglecting their own needs or someone else who was charged with caring for them. And any mental illness that causes it is a result of a lack of attention to the right needs. Mental illness doesn't appear overnight. And yes, I've done it myself but while on a bender with alcohol and I needed skin grafts to repair my arm. Like I said. Lack of ATTENTION to certain issues. Food for thought.

Jump in the discussion.

when they carve hello kitty into themselves it's very cringe. But I agree, seeing cool-ass scars and what's under the skin is just rwally interesting on its own. I'm on this guy's side with this one.

Jump in the discussion.

Yay

Jump in the discussion.

I agree that if it goes artistic like that, it's nearly a separate category. I doubt it's gonna end up in a feedback loop, so more like it wasn't self-harm, but self-hurt.

Jump in the discussion.

yeah, I just saw people who said like "yeah I'm gonna downvote every selfharm"

Jump in the discussion.

tbh, after debating and seeing how hopeless it is trying to find understanding with them(looking at you kittygurl), i finally blocked the sh flair..

good luck for all of them

Jump in the discussion.

That's another solution, love ya

@kittygurl he dissing you :marseyshook:

Jump in the discussion.

lol, oh no.. she unblocked me!

idc

Jump in the discussion.

she said you were a cool dude

Jump in the discussion.

she is a ku girl, tbh.. but it also got too painful seeing her selfharm posts, especially the one with a measuring cup half full of blood

i can only pray for her

Jump in the discussion.

yeah I get it

Jump in the discussion.

I have him blocked so <3

Jump in the discussion.

OOOOOOO

@merikaninjunwarrior she blocked you

:#marseyshook:

Jump in the discussion.

He has me blocked too lol, when he couldve simply just blocked the flair. I liked him too, he was chill, but he commented on one of my SH posts and he blocked me afterwards im pretty sure, Oh well!

Jump in the discussion.

tsk tsk tsk, it's okay I don't dislike SH

Jump in the discussion.

I like you :3

Jump in the discussion.

Quite silly, maybe even goofy

Jump in the discussion.

very

Jump in the discussion.

I do harm myself when I am depressed.But I don't want to see other people(especially those young girls) hurt themselves.´•ﻌ•`

Jump in the discussion.

the ones that are like 2+ people, one is cutting the other one and they both get surprised like they didnt know what was going to happen..... :marseylaughpoundfist:

Jump in the discussion.

"OMG I'M BLEEDING!"

Jump in the discussion.

Starving oneself in secret, then giving in and Overeating. Both in an attempt to harm oneself without actually directly commiting suicide. In general, if someone was actually trying to harm themselves, they would do it in such a way that other people couldn't see. If You can, go give Your Mom a hug.

Jump in the discussion.

She lives not too far down the interstate, I gotcha later

Jump in the discussion.

I'm clean since over 100 days but I just wanted to say that the pain is addictive.. like fr, the scars are just a reaction of the skin

Jump in the discussion.

Are you trying to come out of the closet?

Jump in the discussion.

No Chaz, I'm trying to get people to not be afraid to post sacrifications n stuff

Jump in the discussion.

Unless it was from a feisty feline or self harm that became accidental suicide, whyyyy?

Jump in the discussion.

I don’t have a problem with self harm as long as I see blood

Jump in the discussion.

Hey Robloxboy, I like blood too

Jump in the discussion.

it’s 2toes , someone change my name . But yes I’m glad you enjoy

Jump in the discussion.

heh yeah I'd recognize you everywhere man, love ya

Jump in the discussion.

:)

Jump in the discussion.

:marse#yxoxo:

Jump in the discussion.

You're Right

Jump in the discussion.

that's.... I'm not sure what his idea was :marseysurprised:

Jump in the discussion.

scarification is so expensive to get done and so hard to find an artist to do but its SO cool

Jump in the discussion.

Like the post I tagged

Jump in the discussion.

Cool ass scars are pretty cool, but if it’s just like cuts, or just like a normal injury, eh

Jump in the discussion.

Yeahhh, the slicing thighs are silly because they're just lines

Jump in the discussion.

scarification is badass

Jump in the discussion.

I completely agree

Jump in the discussion.

I have a scar from falling off a table while decorating at work, and driving the chair leg into my lower leg. Still has the impression of the round circle of the bottom of the chair leg 40 yrs later. I've never worn shorts because that scar ruined what were quite pretty legs. I have the teeth impression on my arm from my hateful younger sister from when we were kids- her top teeth forever scar my arm. I don't think it's cool, either. Cripes apparently these are cool, or only if I did it intentionally?

Jump in the discussion.

Depends on the person, natural scars can be cool

But scarification only refers to the intentional scarring of the human body for art (or ritual like coming of age in some circumstances), like a tattoo. Lots of cultures around the world do it and it's a form of body art that i highly respect

Jump in the discussion.

I get it, I just don't "get it". But my first nursing job was with Veterans, and they all had these awful navy tattoos. Notable the Bluebird of Happiness or anchors- which by the time they were in their 80s or 90s looked horrible on their bodies. I've hated tattoos since. But that's my problem, not anyone else's.

I absolutely get the art part, though. In Africa and south America scarification has been used for years. But I don't get it (scarification) on white people in the western world, though. It's not part of our culture, so it has to be mental illness, self expression or art...

Jump in the discussion.

It's not a part of traditional European culture so it has to be mental illness? Cultural ideas are not trapped things, ideas and aesthetic spread from culture to culture. Europeans seeing an African tradition and adopting it themselves is merely another example of this

Jump in the discussion.

No. Maybe I'm not explaining myself well enough- I said it could be mental illness, artistic or self expression (etc, etc)- there are many reasons for doing what you do. But mental illness absolutely plays a part. So does art. So does religion, etc.

Jump in the discussion.

Just wait til you're old- let me tell you those scars won't be cool, they will be absolutely ugly. Tattoos get terrible too. Bodies stretch, and skin stretches and no one is able to keep their 20 yr old self when they are 60 or 70. Then those cool scars won't be great conversation pieces.

Jump in the discussion.

Not what I meant by scarification but even here I'll disagree. It's a matter of aesthetic, scars look cool on old people too imo, so do tattoos

Jump in the discussion.

I completely understand your points, but don't really agree. But it's fine to have differences- my bias as an 18 yr old graduate nurse, was that those old WW2 tattoos were ugly. I've never really changed on that, despite how gorgeous tattoos are now. I still see it through that old bias.

Jump in the discussion.

:#marseytoasterbath:

Jump in the discussion.

Link copied to clipboard
Action successful!
Error, please refresh the page and try again.